Evanston E-2 Visa Attorney
Applying for Treaty Investor Visas
Are you seeking legal advice or representation from a Evanston Immigration
lawyer regarding an investor visa? The E-2 Visa (commonly known as the
Treaty Investor Visa) allows individuals from other countries to come
to the U.S. to start a new business.
If you would like to travel to the United States to invest in a new business
and are from a country which has entered into a treaty with the U.S.,
you may be eligible for this visa. You can trust one of our attorneys
at Takhsh Law, P.C. to guide you through the application process.
Want more information about the E-2 visa?
Contact our EvanstonImmigration attorney online or at (312) 561-3735.
Requirements to Apply for the E-2 Visa
If you are considering filing for an E-2 Visa, you will need to discuss
your options with a knowledgeable attorney. We can determine if you are
eligible and let you know what benefits you will have with this type of
visa. This visa does not afford you permanent residence, but instead lasts
for two years – subject to be being renewed.
If you have not completed your business at that time, you may be able to
renew your visa for another two years (and ongoing) – but you will
need to prove that you intend to leave the U.S. once your business is
no longer operating.
- You will need to prove the following points in your application for the E-2 visa:
- You intend to leave or renew your visa once it expires
- You are either investing directly or will be in charge of an investment
- You have business plans that will provide you with an adequate living
- Your investment is sufficient to create a successful business
- You intend to own at least 50% of the business you open
- Your country has an active treaty agreement with the United States
schedule a consultation, contact our office now at (312) 561-3735.