Immigration Attorneys Waukegan IL

We are here for you

Are you considering starting a new life in the United States? Our immigration law firm comprehends the intricacies and challenges of immigration. That’s why we deliver experienced legal representation to guide you through the process and help you meet your goals. Choose the immigration attorneys Waukegan, IL, residents trust. Whether you want to reunite with your family, seize business opportunities, or simply desire a fresh start, our attorneys are here to support you.

Immigration Lawyer in Waukegan, Illinois

When you entrust your immigration case with our firm, can you expect:

  • Flexible Appointments with our Principal Attorney
    24/7 Phone Availability for Help with Urgent Legal Needs
  • Comprehensive Guidance Throughout the Complexities of Cases
  • Multilingual Services for Assyrian, Arabic, Farsi, German and Spanish Speakers


Our principal attorney, Alen Takhsh, is an adept and compassionate legal advocate who has successfully assisted numerous immigrants in achieving their dreams of living and working in the U.S. With his own journey through the immigration process, Alen offers deep understanding and personal insight to every case he oversees. Our firm is renowned for our outstanding legal services, as shown by our receipt of the Client’s Choice Award for Immigration Law from AVVO in 2016 and 2017, and the prestigious Super Lawyers designation for Atty. Takhsh by Thomson Reuters.


We provide thorough legal guidance, flexible appointments with our principal attorney, and 24/7 phone support for urgent legal needs. We proudly offer multilingual services for Assyrian, Arabic, Farsi, German, and Spanish speakers. Regardless of your case’s size or complexity, you can depend on our experience and legal expertise to aid you in achieving your American Dream. Allow us to be your trusted legal advocates on your journey to a brighter future in the United States.

Contact attorney Alen Takhsh online
or call (844) 344-2628
when you need an immigration attorney.


As U.S. immigration laws constantly evolve, our immigration attorneys keep up with the latest developments to offer you creative legal solutions. At Takhsh Law, P.C., we provide compassionate and in-depth legal representation to those who need assistance with immigration laws. We handle all types of immigration cases in Waukegan, IL from spousal visas to applying for naturalization. 

Adjustment of Status Based on Marriage

A foreign national married to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident may qualify for an immigrant visa or Green Card based on marriage. For unmarried nationals, the first step to gaining entry into the U.S. is to receive approval for a K-1 or K-3 fiancée visa. Applicants can then apply for an adjustment of status (AOS) through marriage for a Green Card. 

An applicant must submit documentation and records to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) proving the legitimacy of the marital relationship. A marriage-based immigration attorney in Waukegan can help you navigate the complex immigration system to apply for permanent residency. 

Asylum and Withholding of Removal

The U.S. allows asylum seekers to enter or stay if they face persecution or risk of serious harm in their home country. Those who remain ineligible for asylum may seek aid through the withholding of removal process, which allows people to stay and work without legal residency. Our law firm focuses on helping immigrants seeking asylum stay safe. 

An asylum application needs truthful and accurate information to minimize the chances of facing any future removal proceedings. An experienced asylum immigration attorney in Waukegan can assist you with the asylum application process to maximize your chances of entry. 

E-2 Visa

A foreign national can only apply for an E-1 visa if their country has a treaty with the U.S. The visa is available to wealthy individuals who want to start a business, practice, or office in the U.S. An E-2 visa does not grant permanent residency but allows an employer to extend the visa indefinitely. 

We recommend investors with at least $100,000 to apply for an E-2 visa. Since applications require approval from the U.S. Consulate, the process can take two weeks to four months. Our skilled immigration attorneys in Waukegan IL will guide you through the E-2 visa application process to help you start a new business in the U.S.

F-1 Visa for Academic Students 

An F-1 visa allows international students to enter the U.S. and continue their studies at an accredited university. Applying for a student visa requires meeting certain stipulations, including English proficiency, proof of funds, valid enrollment, etc. Our law firm has helped many clients successfully receive student visa approvals.

If you’re considering coming to the U.S. to study, our student visa immigration attorneys in Waukegan, IL can explain the process of applying for an F-1 visa. We offer guidance through the entire process until you arrive in the U.S. and start your educational journey. 

Family-based Immigration Including Immediate Relative Petitions

U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents can file a petition for non-citizen family members to gain lawful permanent residency through family-based immigration. A U.S. citizen’s immediate relatives include their spouse, parents, unmarried children younger than 21, and adopted orphans. The USCIS provides immediate relatives visa priority with an average approval time of one year. 

A family-based immigration attorney in Waukegan, Illinois can assist you with the necessary paperwork and applications to bring family members back to the U.S. We can also file for family preference immigrant visas for more distant relatives. 

K-1 and K-2 Visa for Fiancées and Spouses

The K-1 visa is for people who want to marry a U.S. citizen, while the K-3 visa allows married couples to live together while waiting for approval. Upon issuance of a K-1 visa, the fiancée’s foreign national visa is valid for six months, and the visa allows one entry into the U.S. The wedding must take place within 90 days. 

Our K-1 and K-3 visa attorneys in Waukegan, IL will fill out the application and collect documentation to apply for a fiancée visa. After marriage, we can help you apply for an adjustment status to make your new spouse a permanent resident. 

Naturalization and Citizenship 

Individuals who meet the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) can receive U.S. citizenship by completing the naturalization process. Applicants must have a lawful permanent resident status for five or three years if married to a U.S. citizen. Those born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent or have served in the U.S. military also qualify.

Allow an experienced naturalization citizenship attorney in Waukegan, Illinois to work with you through the lengthy citizenship process. All applicants must pass two naturalization tests. We will prepare you for the personal interview and complete the naturalization application with the supporting documents.

Removal Defense 

Removal and deportation cases in Waukegan rank high as complicated immigration matters. Did you discover a mistake in your visa application, enter the country illegally, or have an expired Green Card? Regardless, individuals have the right to an attorney for removal proceedings set by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). 

It’s common for immigrants to appear before a judge in immigration court for removal or deportation. If you have any arguments to make on your behalf, consider hiring a knowledgeable removal defense attorney to present them persuasively. We can offer legal advice and will work hard to represent you to prevent deportation. 

Renewal or Replacement of Green Card

To reside and work in the U.S., you must always have a valid Green Card with up-to-date information. You must apply for a replacement if the card has incorrect information or you have made biographic changes, such as a name change. Our law firm can help you apply for a replacement card based on theft, damage, or loss. 

Green cards require a renewal every ten years. Whether you’re a conditional permanent resident, a resident of another country, or have an expired Green Card, we can help. Our professional immigration attorneys in Waukegan, Illinois will walk you through applying for a renewal or new Green Card.

Takhsh Law, P.C. serves clients throughout Illinois, including: Arlington Heights, IL | Buffalo Grove, IL | Des Plaines, IL | Evanston, IL | Edgewater, IL | Glendale Heights, IL | Glenview, IL | Hoffman Estates, IL | Lincolnwood, IL | Morton Grove, IL | Mount Prospect, IL | Niles, IL | Northbrook, IL | Palatine, IL | Rogers Park, IL | Schaumburg, IL | Skokie, IL | Streamwood, IL | West Ridge, IL | Wilmette, IL | |Waukegan, IL | Wheeling, IL

Tell us about your Case
Schedule Your