K-1 & K-3 Visa For Fiancées/spouses

Are You A Fiancée Of A U.s. Citizen?

k-1 & k-3 Visa Attorney in Evanston

Couple at Wedding

If you’re a U.S. citizen engaged to someone without citizenship, the last thing you want is to navigate a complicated visa process while planning a wedding. Unfortunately, tackling both at the same time may be necessary. To live with your new spouse in the U.S., you’ll need to initiate a petition for them to become a legal resident. Luckily, there exists a special K-1 visa that’s applicable to people who intend to marry a U.S. citizen.

The K-1 and K-3 visa attorney in Evanston at Takhsh Law P.C. can help if you’re a U.S. citizen and engaged to someone who’s not. Attorney Alen Takhsh has helped other couples realize their dreams for a life together in the U.S. and can walk you through the K-1 visa petition process to help ease your concerns.

Bear in mind that if you or your loved one are issued a K-1 visa, you must marry within 90 days. After you marry, this visa is only valid for six months from the time it was originally issued, and you are permitted only one entry into the U.S. Does your betrothed have children that aren’t related to you or another U.S. citizen? Filing a K-2 application allows children, referred to as “derivative beneficiaries,” to accompany them into the U.S.

If you’re a foreign-born fiancée to a U.S. citizen, Takhsh Law P.C. can help.
Contact attorney Alen Takhsh online or call (844) 344-2628 for help with your K-1 visa application.

While K-1 visas are reserved for people who intend to marry a U.S. citizen, K-3 visas can help existing spouses live together in the U.S. when one is already a citizen. If you were married in a foreign country and later became a U.S. citizen, Takhsh Law P.C. can help you reunite with your spouse by offering guidance throughout your K-3 visa application process.

As many as three entries into the U.S. are permitted under a K-3 visa, which is valid for two years. If you and your foreign-born spouse have children, they can also be brought inside the U.S. In this case, a K-4 visa is issued.


If the major difference between a K-1 and K-3 visa is drawn by whether or not you’re already married to a U.S. citizen, the major similarity is that both allow you to live in the U.S. with the one you love most. A K-1 and K-3 visa attorney in Evanston like attorney Alen Takhsh can help you understand more about the ins and outs of these visas.

K-1 and K-3 visas also have the following in common:

  • Both allow holders to adjust their status and become permanent residents
  • Both may issue a conditional Green Card first and allow for a petition to remove these conditions
  • Both permit holders the ability to bring children with them
  • Both allow holders to work with proper documentation

If one of these or another immigration law challenge is on your mind,
call Takhsh Law, P.C. at (844) 344-2628 today.

If one of these or another immigration law challenge is on your mind, call Takhsh Law, P.C. at (312) 561-3735 today.

What Our Clients Are Saying
Excellence Recognized