Naturalization & Citizenship Lawyer in Evanston
Assisting Clients with the Naturalization Process
While most Americans become citizens by being born within a U.S. territory, many others become citizens through naturalization. This was true for more than 7.2 million immigrants since 2010, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Agency, and it can become true for you and your family, too.
Becoming a U.S. citizen can be a lengthy legal process where even the smallest mistake can cost you time or your chance for citizenship. Don’t go through it alone and get help from a naturalization and citizenship lawyer in Evanston. Attorney Alen Takhsh is a naturalized citizen himself and understands the process well because he’s lived through it. When you have questions about naturalization or require legal advice, reach out to Takhsh Law P.C. for help.
Who Can Become a U.S. Citizen?
For many people seeking residency in the U.S., the common goal of is to one day become a citizen. As long as you meet the general eligibility requirements, becoming a citizen is possible if you’ve also been a lawful permanent resident for five years, or for three years if you’re married to a U.S. citizen. Others who qualify were born outside of the U.S. to a citizen or meet requirements for service in the U.S. military.
General eligibility requirements to become a U.S. citizen include:
- Reaching at least 18 years of age
- Being a lawful permanent resident holding a valid Green Card
- Taking residence in the U.S. as a permanent resident for at least five years
- Having a physical presence in the U.S. for at least 30 months
- Having a good moral character
- Being able to read, write, and speak English
- Having knowledge of U.S. history and government
- Demonstrating attachment to the Constitution’s principles
- Demonstrating a desire for the United States to maintain good order and happiness
- Willing and able to take the Oath of Allegiance
Understand the Process of Becoming a U.S. Citizen
Naturalization is the legal process for a foreign national to become a U.S. citizen. It important to make sure that you fill out the forms accurately. Our naturalization and citizenship lawyer at Takhsh Law P.C. can help assist you to ensure that you are set up for success . As a general overview, the process consist of the following steps:
- Determine whether you are eligible
- Prepare & Review Form N-400 - Application for Naturalization
- Submit Form N-400 and any supporting documents
- If applicable, schedule a biometrics appointments.
- Complete interview with USCIS officer
- Receive a decision from USCIS, if approved you will be notified when to take the Oath of Allegiance.
- Take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States.
For more information about becoming a U.S. citizen, call the Evanston naturalization and citizenship lawyer at Takhsh Law P.C. at (312) 561-3735 today.
Attorney Takhsh has more than a decade of experience as an advocate of immigrants' rights.
Attorney Takhsh has been in your shoes and achieved success. His goal is to help you reach your mountaintop.
Rarely will you find an attorney who truly cares. Attorney Takhsh will treat your case as his own.
If you are hiring Attorney Takhsh. You are getting him and no one else. He will see you through to the end.