Evanston Removal & Deportation Attorney
Helping Clients Legally Stay in the U.S.
If you or someone you love is facing removal or deportation from the United States, attorney Alen Takhsh knows that fear can arise with this new uncertainty. Mistakes in your visa application may have just come to light, or your Green Card may be long past its renewal period. Whatever the reason authorities may cite, Takhsh Law P.C. can provide legal assistance that can work toward allowing you to remain in the country.
What is the Deportation Process?
Below is an overview of the deportation process:
- The deportation process begins when an individual is served the Notice to Appear (NTA). It explains why Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) believes the recipient has entered the U.S. illegally, without authorization.
- Within the month, they will also receive a notice from the immigration court which provides details as to when and where the master calendar hearing (MCH) or initial hearing will be. The hearing can take anywhere from a few months to a year after the NTA is received. If you have received this notice, be aware of the date and time of your hearing -- if it is missed, you may lose your chance to fight against deportation altogether. An automatic order of removal may be issued and you will not be able to return to the U.S. for 10 years!
- When the master calendar hearing is complete, the immigration court will schedule a merit hearing, which typically lasts for 4 hours or more. At this point, it is very important to have a experienced deportation defense lawyer in Skokie by your side who can create a strong strategy for your situation.
Having an attorney who understands the severity of your case with care for its details and how they relate to you as an individual can be a powerful component of your case. Attorney Alen Takhsh understands the immigration process not just as a lawyer, but as a someone who experienced immigration to the U.S. himself. He wants to help people undergoing the struggles he once faced and can help if your residency status in the U.S. is threatened for any reason.
Defending Your Right to Remain in the Country
If your residency in the U.S. is threatened for any reason, a removal and deportation attorney in Skokie like Alen Takhsh at Takhsh Law P.C. can help you identify and use legal remedies that may assist you.
Several actions may apply to your case, such as the following and more:
- Asylum: If you believe you may be in danger from persecution should you return to your country of origin, you may qualify for asylum.
- Waiver of inadmissibility: This legal action is a request that the U.S. government overlooks or forgives a reason for your inadmissibility and allows you to receive a Green Card despite the reason
- Adjustment of status: This action, if successful, can allow you to stay in the U.S. while you’re waiting to receive your Green Card.
- Motion to terminate: Your removal and deportation attorney in Evanston can file a motion to terminate removal proceedings, which challenge your Notice to Appear rather than allegations regarding your status. This is particularly helpful if the government has a strong case supporting your deportation, such as prior criminal convictions.
- Cancellation of removal: Those undergoing removal proceedings who have already lived in the U.S. for a long time and meet certain criteria can apply to stay and having the proceedings canceled.
- Bond redetermination hearing: If you or someone you love is being kept in an immigration detention center, a judge may grant release on a bond under certain conditions and for the duration of your case.
Increase your odds of remaining close to your family in the U.S. by calling Takhsh Law P.C. for help today at (312) 561-3735. Serving those in Evanston, Skokie, and Chicago.
Attorney Takhsh has more than a decade of experience as an advocate of immigrants' rights.
Attorney Takhsh has been in your shoes and achieved success. His goal is to help you reach your mountaintop.
Rarely will you find an attorney who truly cares. Attorney Takhsh will treat your case as his own.
If you are hiring Attorney Takhsh. You are getting him and no one else. He will see you through to the end.